|Terms & Conditions|
IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE
Your use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions of use set out below, and by completing the registration process you are agreeing, and you are signifying your agreement, to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not read our terms and conditions of use you should not use this website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- Allied Irish Banks Plc ("AIB" or "we") reserve the right to change the content, presentation, performance, user and facilities and availability of any part of this website at its sole discretion, including these terms and conditions of use, and you should check these terms and conditions of use regularly for any changes.
- Occasionally AIB may
- Change the technical specifications of the web site or any portion thereof; or
- Suspend the website or any portion thereof for operational reasons such as repair, maintenance or improvement of the website or any portion thereof or because of an emergency; or
- Change the system resource limits applicable to your use of the website or any portion thereof.
- You may not use the AIB website to engage in activities which:
- infringe the proprietary or intellectual property rights of AIB and/or its licensors and/or third parties;
- compromise the privacy of others;
- are immoral, illegal or advocating of illegal activity;
- destroy the integrity of any data or other computer based information;
- violate local, state, or national laws of any country;
- impersonate another person.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless AIB against any claims, proceedings and actions taken and all damages (including costs) that may be awarded or agreed to be paid to any third party in respect of any claim or action arising as a result of your breach of this condition.
- The information, content, graphics, text, sounds, images, buttons, trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos (the "Materials") contained in this website are protected by copyright, trade mark, database right, sui generis right and other intellectual property laws, under national laws and international treaties.
- You are granted a limited licence solely for your own personal, non-commercial use to refer to, bookmark or point to any page within this website, and to print a single hard copy of the Materials contained on this website for your own personal reference, provided however that all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices are left intact. The grant of this limited licence is conditional on your agreement to, and compliance with, all of these terms and conditions of use. Any other use of the Materials on this website, including any form of copying or reproduction (for any purposes other than those noted above) modification, distribution, re-publication, extraction, re-utilisation, incorporation or integration with other materials or works or re-delivery using framing technology, without the prior written permission of AIB, is strictly prohibited and is in violation of the proprietary rights of AIB.
- Other rules may apply to certain software and other items provided as part of this website. Any special rules will be listed as "legal notices" on our website and are incorporated into these terms and conditions by this reference. All software that is used in this website ("Software") is protected by copyright and may be protected by other rights. You may only use such Software for the purposes of using this website, and may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works based on the Software. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law, you agree not to dissemble or otherwise reverse engineer any of the Software for any reason, or permit any third party to do so.
- Hypertext links to this website are prohibited without the consent of AIB.
- "fxcentre", "fxcentre pro" and "aibdealer.com" are trade marks of AIB. All other trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos contained in this website belong to their respective owners.
- AIB and/or its licensors (as the case may be) retain all right, title, interest and intellectual property rights in and to the Materials and the Software. Nothing in these terms and conditions of use shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right under any copyright, patent, trade mark, database right, sui generis right or other intellectual property or proprietary interest of AIB, its affiliates or any third party.
- In accessing this website, you do so at your own risk and on your own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent any local laws are applicable. Use of this site and/or services offered by way of this site may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction pertaining to such conduct and (whether or not unlawful) constitutes breach of these terms and conditions and may result in, amongst other penalties, immediate termination of your right to use this website.
In particular this website is only intended for use in the United States of America by Major Institutional Investors. A Major Institutional Investor is defined under Rule 15a-6 of the Securities Exchange Act 1934 as amended and interpreted by the SEC from time to time as having in excess of $100 million of assets in its own account or under management.
- These terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland, and you hereby agree for the benefit of AIB, and without prejudice to the right of AIB to take proceedings in relation to these terms and conditions of use before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any action or proceedings that may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions of use, and for such purposes you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
- Any waiver of any provision of these terms and conditions must be in writing and signed by AIB to be valid. A waiver of any provision hereunder shall not operate as a waiver of any other provision, or a continuing waiver of the same provision in the future. If any court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms and conditions to be void or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the court's finding without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These terms and conditions represent the entire understanding and agreement between you and AIB relating to use of this website, and supersede any and all prior statements, understandings or agreements whether oral or written, and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by you and by AIB.
- All use by you of this website is at your own risk. You assume complete responsibility for, and for all risk of loss resulting from, your downloading and/or using of, or referring to or relying on, Materials, Software, or any other information obtained from your use of this website. You agree that AIB and providers of telecommunications and network services (web site designers and web site facilities providers) to AIB will not be liable for damages arising out of your use or your inability to use this website and/or any services, and you hereby waive any and all claims with respect thereto, and whether based on contract, tort or other grounds.
- This website is available to all users "as is" without any representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, AIB excludes any warranty express or implied, statutory or otherwise as to the quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Materials, Software and/or materials, goods, facilities and/or services advertised or accessed via this website.
- Any content or information received on or via this website should not be relied on for important personal, financial or business decisions, and you should consult an appropriate professional for advice which is specifically tailored to your particular circumstances. Nothing in this website constitutes or should be deemed to constitute an invitation to invest or otherwise deal. We acknowledge and understand that AIB may have opinions from time to time with regard to any of the content of or the information on this website which may be different from those obtained by using or accessing the content of and information on this website, and that AIB is not advising you in relation to the nature, potential value or suitability of any particular asset or security, portfolio of assets or securities, transactions, investment strategy or other matter, and that no mention of a particular asset or security on this website constitutes a recommendation to buy, sell or hold that or any other asset or security. Content and information received via this website is supplied by sources believed to be reliable. However, calculations made using such data, and opinions expressed in relation to such data, are not guaranteed by these sources, AIB or any other person or entity, and may not be complete.
- AIB makes no representations, warranties or undertakings that this website, or the server that makes it available, will be free from defects, including, but not limited to viruses or other harmful elements. AIB expressly excludes liability for any infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised access, intervention, alteration or use, fraud, theft, technical failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, or any event or occurrence beyond the control of AIB, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness and integrity or proper conduct of any aspect of this website.
- AIB makes no representations, warranties or undertakings about any content of or information on any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this website or from which this website is referred to or accessed by hypertext link ("third party site"). AIB does not endorse or approve the content of any third party site, nor will AIB have any liability in connection with any third party site (including but not limited to liability arising out of any allegation that the content of or information on any third party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity). No judgment or warranty is made with respect to the accuracy, timeliness or suitability of the content of any third party site, and any and all liability which might arise out of, or in connection with, your use or reliance on the content of or information on, or the performance of, any third party site is excluded. Nor can AIB guarantee that the controller of any third party website will respect your privacy in the same manner as AIB.
- When you place an order for the purchase of goods and services on third party websites, your contractual relationship will be with the merchant selling those goods or providing those services and will be subject to the terms and conditions, if any, made available to you by the merchant. AIB will not be a party to any such contract and accepts no responsibility for non-delivery or delayed delivery of any such good or service (whether in whole or part) whether as regards the nature, quality or merchantability of such good or service, the fitness for the purpose for which they have been sold or for any other purpose.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither AIB nor any of its directors, employees, servants, agents, affiliates or other representatives and/or their respective parent and subsidiary companies will be liable for loss or damages arising out of or in connection with your use of, or your inability to use, the Materials, Software, the services and/or facilities offered through this website, including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of data, income, profit or opportunity, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties, even if AIB has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages, or such loss or damages were reasonably foreseeable. In no event shall our liability to you exceed IR£1000.00. In using this website, you are agreeing, and you are signifying your agreement, to be bound by this limitation on the liability of AIB.